Monday, August 07, 2006
Water is locked up in the earth, and fire is locked up in wood.
<> siqgur pRswid ] (735-1)
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:
qyry kvn kvn gux kih kih gwvw qU swihb guxI inDwnw ]
Which, which of Your Glorious Virtues should I sing and recount, Lord? You are my Lord and Master, the treasure of excellence.
qumrI mihmw brin n swkau qUM Twkur aUc Bgvwnw ]1]
I cannot express Your Glorious Praises. You are my Lord and Master, lofty and benevolent.
mY hir hir nwmu Dr soeI ]
The Name of the Lord, Har, Har, is my only support.
ijau BwvY iqau rwKu myry swihb mY quJ ibnu Avru n koeI ]1] rhwau ]
If it pleases You, please save me, O my Lord and Master; without You, I have no other at all.||1||Pause||
mY qwxu dIbwxu qUhY myry suAwmI mY quDu AwgY Ardwis ]
You alone are my strength, and my Court, O my Lord and Master; unto You alone I pray.
mY horu Qwau nwhI ijsu pih krau bynμqI myrw duKu suKu quJ hI pwis ]2]
There is no other place where I can offer my prayers; I can tell my pains and pleasures only to You.
ivcy DrqI ivcy pwxI ivic kwst Agin DrIjY ]
Water is locked up in the earth, and fire is locked up in wood.
bkrI isMGu iekqY Qwie rwKy mn hir jip BRmu Bau dUir kIjY ]3]
The sheep and the lions are kept in one place; O mortal, meditate on the Lord, and your doubts and fears shall be removed.
hir kI vifAweI dyKhu sMqhu hir inmwixAw mwxu dyvwey ]
So behold the glorious greatness of the Lord, O Saints; the Lord blesses the dishonored with honor.
ijau DrqI crx qly qy aUpir AwvY iqau nwnk swD jnw jgqu Awix sBu pYrI pwey ]4]1]12]
As dust rises from underfoot, O Nanak, so does the Lord make all people fall at the feet of the Holy.
 
posted by Balbir Singh at 11:18 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: